History of the house
It was in 1938 when grandfather Anton Gstettenhofer and his wife Maria bought the house at Gafring No. 4 as a small inn with a farm and 4 hectares of land. With the help of daughter Theresia, this was lovingly run as a simple farmhouse until 1971. John Sr. and Theresia Hochholzer took over the business, followed by the addition of a dining room and the expansion of the range of warm dishes, and the first guest rooms were also built.
In 1986 the festival and dining hall was built. The culinary offer has been refined, specialties and products from the Mostviertel enrich the menu from now on. From 1 992 Johann and Alexandra expanded the hotel business. The barrier – free entrance and reception area with regional elements, which has been redesigned in recent years, invites you to linger next to the guest garden. In addition to solar panels and heat recov ery, the entire heat generation was converted to renewable raw materials using wood chips and recently supplemented by a photovoltaic system. In addition to fuel wood, our own small farm also offers fruit, herbs, vegetables and lamb for our guests.